Monday, May 10, 2010

My 1st Mother's Day

I hope that all you Mother's out there had an sweet day with your family and friends! This year it was my very first Mother's Day (mother of a real baby..not just fur babies:) and it was so memorable. My Mother's Day got started a little early because we were planning on going to Bakersfield to celebrate with our own Mom's (we didn't end up going..more on that later) so Thursday Lindsay sent me this beautiful bouquet of flowers with my favorite color..Pink! It had a really sweet card.. I think Daddy helped :)

Jarrett got me such an amazing, thoughtful gift for my first Mother's Day. It all started last year when we were in London... we had high tea at Harrod's and I got misty-eyed when he mentioned that it would be fun someday to have a tea party with a daughter (little did we know a few months later we would be having one!). There is a tea room in Santa Monica that sells British goods and he got me a gift certificate for a tea for two! Now Lindsay is still too young to go with me yet, but I am looking forward to spending it in the next few months with a friend! He got a basket full of goodies.. biscuits (english cookies), scone mix (yum), three different teas and a cute picture frame and tasty preserves which I sampled on toast on Sunday. He also got me a bottle of my two most favorite Champagnes... party at my house!!
My little bathing beauty... Grammy Kellie bought Lindsay her very first bathing suit from Janie & Jack with a matching hat. It's a little big... but not much and perfect for her to grow into this summer! The pretty blue matches her big blue eyes :) Can't wait to spend the summer in Grandpa's pool!

New chair.... Bumbo! She is not quite sure what to think about her new chair... she is working so hard on sitting up... she tries so hard to grab her feet...it helps that there are bumble-bees on her toes!

Other news... we stayed home this Mother's Day because Thursday afternoon I came down with Mastitis, an infection in a breast milk duct (sorry TMI). I thought that I would be fine by Friday in time to go to Bakersfield, but I didn't realize how sick I really was. My milk supply ran really low and I ran a really high fever for two days (which I think was almost worse than the pain) and have been taking a antibiotic since Friday... its getting better, but not as fast as I would like. I am so grateful for my sweet husband for taking care of TWO babies all weekend... ME (especially when I'm sick lol) and Lindsay (a real baby :) Thank you family and sweet friends for the calls/texts... you made my 1st Mother's day so special!

2 comments:

  1. You can bring that cute suit here! Our pool opens Memorial Day weekend for the summer. Or we can go swimming from the boat if we got out.

    I hope you're feeling better! And I'm glad your Mother's Day was nice even if you were sick. Jarrett told me he got you some Wilson Creek Almond Champagne! I'm jealous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Katie!!!!! I hope you're feeling better, and how could you not be when you look at your precious little girl in that swimsuit!!! What a cutie! Can she wear her little pink hat yet?

    ReplyDelete