Our Southern Road trip marked the end of diapers for our sweet big girl. When we got back into town and into the groove of things, we began potty training. Now, we've had a small green potty and a over-toilet seat since before Madison was born, and she was pretty comfortable with the idea of it. P-Day in our house was brought on by her going potty at bible study a few weeks ago with her friends (good peer pressure!). She is still pretty young at 27 months, and we weren't particularly in a hurry, but thought we'd give it a try. We do kind of miss the crunch-crunch of her diaper when we pat her little bottom, but since she has been waking up dry for months now, we knew WE were putting it off, not her. Well, as with any new skill, we did encounter some challenges...
 |
| She came running in the room one morning crying because she got the potty seat stuck on her head. There is a warning on the BOTTOM of the seat not to put it on your head. I couldn't stop laughing. Potty training fail!! LOL |
After we figured out NOT to put the seat on our head, Lindsay got the hang of it pretty quickly. On Day 1 she had 5 accidents, Day 2 had 2 accidents, Day 3 had 1 accident, and then there were suddenly at 0 accidents day after day. She has loved wearing her big girl underpants, and didn't like that I made her run around nakie for the first couple of days. We did a TON of reading, so I had to reference the Fancy Nancy book that we read 50 + times . We are still practicing pulling pants up and down and wiping, but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day! I think if you think there will be no tears in potty training, you will be sorely mislead- at any age. Lindsay would be resistant when she was really into playing or a show. I even get resistant when I am in a good movie...LOL. We used chocolate covered raisins for rewards, and when that got old, she came up with another reward for staying dry... painted toes like Mama's! (She chose hot pink...atta girl!)
 |
| Pink Toenails DO accentuate (the fancy word for stand out) the pink in my princess underpants... |
Now, we still use diapers at night, but will do away with those after a few months of successful daytime potty use. We even traveled sans-diapers to Bakersfield for Mother's Day. We brought the potty's and she did great!! It is wonderful having only 1 size diaper in my diaper bag now, although it is still a lot of work monitoring potty visits. She is very proud of herself, and we are too!
 |
| Diaper free is the way to be! Yay Big Girl!! |
Well, from now on Nate and Lindsay can talk about how they got potty trained at the same time! I will be doing my potty training post soon!
ReplyDeletePS I totally got your Fancy Nancy reference as soon as I read the title. We got it as a gift for Mia, but have been reading it to Nate. Last night he said he wanted to go to the King's Crown. ;)