Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

 
Happy Mother's Day!! I had a lovely day celebrating together with my loves. We started the day off with a 5 mile run called "Run This Mother" (so NJ right?) which raised money for an epilepsy non-profit. It was a beautiful day, and the course ran through Mercer Park which has gorgeous tree-lined paths and a lake. It wasn't too crowded, and the best part was getting to see my sweet loves at the finish line!
Off to a good start...

Sprint to the finish line...

Just made it under 51 minutes, 5th in my age group ;)
Jarrett and the girls had fun at the park playground, and made some friends while waiting for me to finish. I got a little misty-eyed when I saw a Mother-Daughter team running together and encouraging each other... maybe Lulu or Maddie will run with their slow Mama someday  :)

We spent the rest of the day hanging out, eating ice cream and turkey sandwiches with chips and dip. If you haven't tried Honeybaked Ham's Turkey (just discovered they also made turkeys) it is delicious!! I got to Skype with my Mama, Sister and Nonna and played with the girls. So blessed to spend another year celebrating being the Mama of my sweet ladies!
Lulu, 3 years

Madison, 15 months

The two sweet reasons I get to celebrate Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you go girl!!! I am so proud of you going out and taking the time to run a 5k. That is something I really need to do. I also would love to mention that (YOU LOOK AMAZING,ONE HOT MAMA!) I can hear all the whistling cat calls now 8). Miss you and I am so glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day with your beautiful family. xoxo Keep up the great work, you inspire me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete