Tuesday, October 8, 2013

All about Lulu

Lindsay Diane, 3.5 yrs
 Our sweet first born will be FOUR in a few short months... what a beautiful, loving and smart little lady she is! I have been meaning to write this posting for awhile now, but it shocks me how fast time passes. I saw a quote online about being a Mama, "Days are long, but years fly by"... how true!! 
Over Labor Day weekend we took advantage of all the fantastic sales and picked up a full size mattress for Lindsay's final conversion of her crib to toddler bed and now to a full size head board.  
We put all the bedding on her bed and told her to come inside, "Surprise!!" (Don't you love the black church shoes? She was 'tap dancing'...LOL)
"I LOVE my new bed!!"
One day in Homegoods Lindsay saw the ballerina quilt and said, "Mama! Look those ballerinas have blonde hair like me! I love ballet too!" We were lucky enough to find all the matching coordinates so I made the executive decision (or Lindsay actually) to just go ahead and get it!

Lindsay slept great, and told us, "Now I have room for all my friends!!" We limited her slumber party stuffed animals to 3-4.
I made some blackout panels in lavender polka dots, and her room was finished! I have some frames I want to put a couple ballet pictures in, but I am waiting for the perfect photos.  Madison loves to climb in bed with Sissy and read stories together. Lindsay already let me know when her cousins come to visit, she wants them to sleep with her...I doubt there will be much sleeping going on!!

Lulu has been into anything ballet lately, and been loving her little ballet class at the YWCA on Monday afternoons. They are putting on a mini Nutcracker in December, and I am looking forward to watching her perform...LOL. Hopefully this time she won't be the last kid on stage needing to be pulled off..



Inside her dance class... SHHH! I was sneaking a pic.. no parents allowed!

Little Miss Sasafrass!
I have been watching 3 kids for a few hours on Tuesdays, and Lindsay and Madison have loved having a play date every week at their house!  Their Mamas are leaders in our chapter of Community Bible Study, and I watch the kiddos while they can meet and plan on Tuesdays. They are fantastic, sweet little ones and we love having them come hang out every week. It gets a little crazy, but it is so much fun! Lindsay is a great hostess, and shares her toys and mediates among the kids.
Hello Leaves! Pretty hard to rake leaves with 5 kids running through your pile... but it sure is fun to jump in!


Popcorn snack time with kiddos... Peyton (5 yr), Jack (4 yr.) Madison (20 mo.) Lulu (4.5 yrs.) Tegan (3 yrs.)

Lindsay is inquisitive, and always has questions about the world around her. She has been doing great in our "preschool practice" during the week, and has been learning so much! We have been working on using scissors, writing her name and letter sounds. We went to a friends birthday party on Saturday and she was so proud to write her friend's name on the card, then sign her name at the bottom!! I hope she will be a lifelong lover of learning!
Concentrating hard doing "Preschool Practice"

Love you my Lindsay Loo! xo

2 comments:

  1. Tell her she doesn't want her cousin Nate to sleep with her. He's a mover, and she'll probable end up on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe her room is so cute!! love love her new bedding, what a big girl she is! She is getting so big and is such a sweet little girl. With her love of ballet soon in the future, she will have her point shoes just like her mamma did :).Miss and love you all xoxo:)

    ReplyDelete