 |
| The Capitol at night... so pretty! |
Jarrett and I had lovely night out in Washington DC for an alumni event for California State University, Bakersfield. It was held in Congressman Kevin McCarthy's office inside the Capitol, who was also a CSUB alumni and Bakersfield native. Anyone who knows Jarrett knows he loves anything about the Presidency, or government, so we were excited to see the Majority House Whip (McCarthy) office, which was featured in the show House of Cards and the position of Majority Whip played Kevin Spacey. Although the TV show has all kinds of crazy things happen, the Congressman assured us no such things went on in real life out of his office ;)
 |
| I fretted about this bold jacket from White House Black Market for weeks. Too bold? I felt comfortable and it was just right for the occasion. lol. |
Check out that handsome guy!! I can't believe I'm the lucky girl married to him ;)
We enjoyed a nice visit with other alumni living in the DC area, and met the Chancellor of the Cal State University System. Later in the same week we had another alumni event in NYC at the University Club. It was on 5th avenue, and I had no problem killing time shopping while Jarrett had a meeting!!
 |
| University Club NYC |
Inside the building was absolutely stunning, and I loved warming up by the roaring fireplace and looking at the original works of art. It was such a nice evening, and we wished we could have stayed in the city longer, but the girlie's were waiting for us at home with a babysitter. It was so much fun to get dressed up and meet so many interesting people!
 |
| CSUB alumni, University President and VP of Advancement |
It is great to meet fellow Californian's on the east coast, and I am grateful that the Cal State University system puts on events to help alumni connect so far from our home state!!
I love the jacket - bold is great! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the jacket too! You look great, loved the outfit you wore to the alumni party! Miss you guys & happy belated birthday to Jarrett. :)
ReplyDelete