Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Big Girl Madison

No more diapers in the Fisher house!! Madison Grace decided it was time for her to use the potty like a big girl! Our sweet, tiny little Ms. Big Stuff told me about a month ago, "I want to go potty!" I pretty much told her, "Let's wait until after our trip to California, then we will try!". Well, she persisted, and I gave in a couple days before our trip and busted out the potty seat to let her get used to it... and I still cannot believe it, she ran around the corner from the bathroom into the kitchen and yelled proudly, "MAMA!! I go pee pee in the potty!" I was skeptical, but when I checked, sure enough, she went!! I was shocked and a little sad. My baby isn't going to wear a diaper anymore? No more crunch-crunch when I pat her little tush? Tear up.
Big Sis came in to cheer her on ;)
 Potty training is a good reason not wear pants... that's our Girl!
 Proud girl!! So independent! She told everyone she saw... "I go pee pee in the potty!" LOL
Nakie with her "Tap Shoes"... keeping this one to tease her in high school. 
We practiced in California, and since we have been home she has been wearing panties during the day and I put her in a diaper at night (although she wakes up dry most nights.) Madison is fiercely independent and opinionated, and chose Bubble Guppy themed big girl panties. She prefers the training potty at home, mainly because it is small and she can sit on it without help from me. I am shocked that a such a young age she knows the sensation and when to make it to the bathroom. She is pretty good at pulling up her pants (when she is actually wearing them) and we are working on wiping. We have been going places and she has been staying dry :) She will go both #1 and #2 in the potty, and I just can't get over how EASY potty training her has been. I actually didn't have any part in it- Maddie Grace just make up her mind she was going to do it, and she did! Love you Baby Girl... so proud of you!!

2 comments: