Last week my precious Grandma Rosie went home to meet Jesus face to face. What a blessing she has been to me and our whole family. She truly had a servants heart, and lived to serve God by giving her best to her husband, children and grandchildren. I don't think she ever met a stranger, and her home was always a warm place with a delicious home cooked meal ;) Through the past few weeks and two trips to California, I wanted to share a few memories for Lulu and Maddie to remember their Gigi in the years to come.
Grandma Rosie and Me in the backyard... guess who I get my love of gardening from?Grandma taught me lots of things: to swim, to cook and to roller skate!
Grandma was one of my biggest fans and helped me all throughout college. I loved dropping in, sitting on a barstool talking to her while she created some magic in the kitchen.
Grandma was promoted to "Gigi" aka "Great Grandma" twice with the arrivals Lindsay and Madison. I treasure our weekly phone calls where we would swap recipes, gardening tips and she offered advice on growing a young family.
| Gigi and Lindsay |
| Gigi and Madison |
I will miss you always, but take comfort in God's promise to us of eternal life paid by the blood of Jesus. I know you are worshiping our Lord in heaven with Grandpa and your sisters and brothers, and one day I will see you again. Love you always Grammy!
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:7-8


Oh Katie! I'm so so so sorry to hear about your Grandma! I'll be praying for you all. Hugs and love
ReplyDelete