For Christmas this year Papa got the girls Ballet/Tap dancing lessons! They started the first week of January, going Tuesday evenings from 5-6pm at a local dance studio. Every week they look forward to their class, and can't wait to put on their leotards and tap shoes. They each take a 1 hour class, with Lindsay's being split between 15 mins or ballet then 45 mins of tap and Maddie's 1/2 ballet and 1/2 tap.
.jpg) |
| Ballet & Tap Dancers! |
This is Madison's first experience with dance lessons, although she has been begging me for over a year to go to dance like big sis. She couldn't wait to turn 3 to go herself! She is the tiniest little dancer, and her tap shoes were literally the smallest size they make. Those little white tap shoes are just too cute, and I plan on saving them and maybe framing them...LOL. Although I haven't been able to watch her dance, I could see for a moment she was a little timid and shy around the other girls and teacher. With a big sister her friends become Maddie's and she really hasn't had much of an opportunity to be by herself. It is so good for her to be on her own and practice those friendship-making skills ;) Madison's teacher said she did great, and was able to keep up with the bigger girls and warmed up to her halfway through the class. Maddie came home and said, "Oh Mama, I just love my dance teacher Miss Amanda!"
.jpg)
Tap was new for Lindsay this year, and she LOVES to wear her tap shoes on our hard wood floors and show us her moves. Her song for the end of the year performance is Taylor Swifts, "Shake It". After her first class Lindsay's teacher told me she got a little frustrated at the barre when she saw the other girls doing some moves she hadn't quite mastered (technically the girls are starting mid-year). But, Lindsay kept trying and after the next class told me, "Mama! I practiced and practiced and I finally did my plie just right!" She was so proud of her hard work!
Can't wait to see your performance in June our talented dancing daughters!
No comments:
Post a Comment