Thursday, August 6, 2015

Andrew's Nursery

A few weeks ago Jarrett and I got busy working on the nursery. Yes, all things considered it was a bit early, but we had some new obstacles this time around. First, we transitioned not just a guest room into a baby room, but did a room merry-go-round. It was only suppose to take a weekend, but knowing me I think Jarrett knew it would be longer...haha.
There was some talk of putting the girls both in Lindsay's room, but we would have to purchase bunk beds or two twin beds, and it just wasn't cost effective, plus they weren't too excited about giving up their individual spaces. 
We ultimately decided to use Lindsay's furniture (turning her headboard back into a crib) and re-using her dresser and the rocking chair in Andrew's room. Next, Lindsay needed a new headboard and dresser, so we purchased that at a really awesome discount furniture store. For Madison, we moved her into the guest room across the hall by Lindsay's room. We kept the same paint and transistioned her toddler bed into a big girl bed with a full mattress. She felt pretty special to get to pick out her own bedding ;) With both girls's rooms settled, we were able to put together Andrew's room at last (which was a mess of furniture and boxes for a few weeks, and was driving me nuts).  
Daddy putting together the crib (again!) We got the parts out of the garage and it looked brand new!

He had two little "helpers" to pass him his tools...

Lindsay and Madison were so excited, all of a sudden it was real that they were going to have a baby in the house!
Here's the tour... 

We reused a ton of our old Pepperdine nautical themed stuff, including the navy panels and artwork.
After we re-painted the room from light blue to beige, I found these oars at Homegoods and boating flag sign and just had to have them for our preppy boy nursery! Our sailboat picture found a new home above the rocker, and we kept the lamp from Maddie's room. Thank you Grammie for the plaid and star bedding... adorable!!
I also found a home for our painted lighthouse sign, and got a whale frame which we will soon fill with a picture of his sweet face ;)
Thankfully, I hadn't gotten rid of my diaper genie, wipe warmer and changing pad yet, so we pulled it out of the garage and recycled them as well! All in all, it came together pretty quickly, within a few weeks. I am so glad it is done, although I still have a ton of washing and stuff to do, which I will begin to do in September. I can't believe it is August, and this summer has turned out to be really busy for us, with me babysitting June and July, August proves to be just as busy preparing for Lindsay to head to Kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment