Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Baby Fisher's gender is still a mystery!!
Jarrett and I had an early morning Dr.'s appointment on Monday morning for our check up and ultrasound. We were so disappointed to find out while we were in the waiting room that their ultrasound machine wasn't working!! I guess over the weekend there were some power outages and something shorted out. They were going to have a tech come and fix it, but it wouldn't be until later that day. As much as we liked getting in to the Dr.'s early with no wait, I think in the future we will not schedule an appointment on a Monday morning! My blood work hadn't come in from the lab, and the machine was broken!! We just have to laugh about the whole thing- especially since I am the least patient person in the world! LOL. Other than that, the baby is growing well! I gained only 3lbs. since my last appointment, which was a shock because I have been eating like a pig since the morning sickness went away! The Dr. was able to measure the baby's heartbeat with a hand-held doppler, and it was 140 bpm. After our exam, the Dr. said that he thinks we are doing great and said we could come back later for the ultrasound, or we could wait until the next appointment. Because of this crazy time with Jarrett's job and me subbing, we decided we are just going to wait for our next appointment to find out the gender, Sept. 24th, and pray that our little girl/guy and technology cooperates!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It might be too early to see on an u/s machine that the dr has anyways... You'll definitely be able to see the gender at your next appt! Glad all is well and your weight gain is right on target! Yipee! I see you're subbing too! That's great! Miss you and can't wait to see you over Christmas (or sooner if you guys need a vacay...)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jo, Micah, G & F
Hi Katie and Jarrett!
ReplyDeleteKatie, I have yet to tell you how absolutely thrilled I am for you! You will make a wonderful mommy! I religiously check your blog for updates and was disappointed to have to wait another month to find out Baby Fisher's gender. I hope all is going well, and can't wait to see you and your cute baby bump when I get back to California next month.
Much love,
liz