Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ballerina Lulu

Thanks Grammie for the ballet gear!
Lindsay has really been into ballet the past few weeks!
*Disclaimer: I cannot hide it, I LOVE ballet. Since I found out I was having girls, I dreamed about tiny tutus and ballet shoes. Besides being great exercise, it teaches discipline and coordination. Growing up, ballet was a huge part of my life for many years. When I helped her into her leotards, a huge flood of memories came rushing back, and my toes started tingling in anticipation of tendu, jetes, and grand de jambes. I knew J was a keeper when he took me to a ballet when we were dating. LOL. I totally understand ballet isn't for everyone, and I will encourage the girls to try out all sorts of different physical activities: sports, dance, gymnastics etc... until they find something they are truly passionate about.  BUT... for the moment I am loving her latest interest. And really, is there anything cuter than a tiny girl in a tutu?!?!
 
Real Bloch ballet shoes! There is nothing like the smell of a new pair of slippers right out of the box. Yes, I know I am a little crazy.
 Grammie noticed on her last visit Lindsay was into ballet, and loved watching Angelina Ballerina on her Kindle. Back in Bakersfield she went to the dance store where we used to get all my dance stuff (can't believe it's still open?!) and got Lulu real ballet shoes, leotard and a tutu. She even sewed a flower on the side just like Angelina Ballerina. Adorable.
First Position

Tendu
(Sorry it's sideways- I can't figure out how to turn it)
I love watching her show off her moves, just about as much as she enjoys doing them! We are thinking about lessons this summer, if she's still interested by then :)

1 comment: