Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lindsay Diane: 3 years

THREE!!
Stats: 36 inches tall, 26 lbs. 8 oz
 
Loving her rainboots

Chef Lindsay
Lindsay Diane. Wow! My sweet little "big" girl is three. I cannot put into words what a precious, lovable, and joyful little person she is.

Personality...She has a big heart, and is conscious of other people's feelings. Always wanting to give hugs to her friends or sister when they are sad, she tells them with a southerny-sounding accent, "He/She's my best friend!". After being around other kids and having a second one, I have discovered she is pretty laid-back. She usually doesn't mind sharing her toys, and plays really well with just about all kids. When she does have tantrums, they usually end in "I"m tired and need a NAP!" and she will banish herself to her bed and usually fall asleep.

Big Sis... Lindsay takes her role as Big Sis pretty seriously. She is pretty bossy, but won't hesitate to protect her little Sis from other kids taking her toys or from falling. Quite the little Mama, I have to remind her frequently that "I'm the Mama and I will tell Maddie "No". LOL.

Inquisitive...I love how at this age most of her statements end in a "Why?". One of our favorite Lindsay-isms is "What it do-'s?" "Pup-Cakes (cupcakes)" ...lol. She is curious, and knows how to deflect unwanted chores by changing the subject :)

Favorites...
Toys: Stuffed animals (Girl Bear, Teddy, Bunny, Piggy).
TV Shows: Doc McStuffins, Princess Sophia, Sesame Street
Foods: Pizza, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, BBQ chicken and Mac n Cheese.
Color: Pink, sometime purple
Books: "Pinkalicious", "Fancy Nancy", "Gigi God's Princess"
Music: "Jump into the Light", "Ark-y", "Call me Maybe", "You are my Sweet Heart"

Things to do... She loves to dance "ballet", and likes "healthy exercise" where she proceeds to show us her strong arm muscles and jump, and help me in the kitchen. Adores crafts, especially painting. Likes to have tea parties with all her stuffed animals. LOVES to read books.

Spiritual... Lindsay has been learning about Jesus this year. She can recall several stories from the bible, and practices her memory verses. We love that she has been taking the lead when it comes to prayer. She will tell me "Me do it" and will choose a person at bedtime to pray for, and will begin, "Dear Jesus please watch over ___". It always makes me smile to hear the things that come up in her precious little heart, and I love that her relationship with the Lord is growing! I pray as a Mama she will come to know Christ at an early age.

All Girl.. She loves pink, and her bows. Lulu loves to pick out her ensembles every day, and chooses a bow and shoes to match. According to Lindsay her favorite pair of shoes are her black patent mary jane's, mainly because they are shiny and 'make tapping noise' when she walks.

Helpful... Our girl is very helpful, and loves to help me do anything. She will do her 'chores' like make her bed, unload the silverware from the dishwasher (no knifes), and will set the table in the evening and bring her plate to the sink. It's great! Lulu is my helper, and will throw away diapers, and pick up the baby toys at the end of each day.

Smartie Pants... My Goodness! This kid amazes me everyday with her desire to learn! We have been working on letters and numbers and she knows the entire alphabet, and can count 1-15. The next couple of months we will be working on days of the week, weather and upper/lower case letters. She really wants to learn to write her name, and will write 'notes' on post-its for me. We opted to wait on preschool until she is four, so in the fall I am going to do an at-home curriculum, ABC Jesus Loves Me a couple days a week in addition to our bible study and play groups and possibly dance lessons. Whew! Busy Girls!

My Darling Three Year Old
Lindsay Diane, I love you through and through. You are growing up to be such a beautiful, smart girl on the inside and out! I am so blessed to be your Mama and watch you grow every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment