![]() |
| How could this little baby be 1 already?! |
My precious girl is ONE! How did that happen? This has been a crazy year, with job changes and moving and I feel like all of a sudden I look at my little peanut and she has blossomed into a toddler.
| Madison Grace, 1 year |
| Still our little brunette beauty, her hair is growing longer and almost ready for clips! |
| Little lady crossing her legs enjoying her lamby chair. |
*Height 28 inches Wearing a size 12 months
*Weight.... 16 lbs, 8 oz
*Teeth... Maddie has finally sprouted her two front teeth, plus another 2 next to them! Final count: two on bottom, and four on top. She has bit me a total of two times, which I think is pretty good!
*Weaned... This week was her last breast feed, and she has done really well! I began dropping feeds after her birthday, and I think my body was about done too because it seemed like I was hardly making milk. She loves to drink whole cow's milk, (unlike Lulu at this age) which is wonderful for the calcium and good fat calories.
*Good Eater... Madison loves to eat, and her favorite foods are spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, and just about whatever Mommy and Daddy have on their plate. She is a pro at feeding herself, and eats with gusto. She loves her sippy cup, and can drink from a straw.
*Physical... A crawling machine, this girl moves fast! She pulls up on everything, and is cruising in between toys and furniture. She is so tiny, I can't imagine her walking yet. Hopefully I still have awhile.
*Sleeping...Hooray! Our girl has been sleeping through the night (7pm-6:45am) on a some-what regular basis. She is taking two 1.5 hour naps per day, or when we run errands, she will take 2 hrs in the afternoons. She fights naps hard, and I know I will have my work cut out for me in the future :) Mama (and the girl) needs those naps!
*Personality... This girl knows her own mind, and in new situations chooses to observe until she feels ready for attention. The other day at church she discovered if she waved at people she would get a response. She began waving at strangers, and particularly elderly gentlemen. I think she probably made their day! She will point to things, wave "Bye Bye", blow kisses and can hold her own with her sister. She is fearless, and has given Mama several grey hairs. A spirited girl, she goes after what she wants, and will let out bone-chilling squeals and screeches to communicate her displeasure. MGF is extremely loving, and is very curious. She loves to cuddle, and enjoys music and being sung to. Her happiest place is still on my hip, and wants to be in the middle of whatever I am doing.
*Talker... She can say "Mama", "Dada", "Uh Oh", "BaBa (baby)" and can point to nose, eyes, mouth and a few animals.
*Sweet memory... Last night we were reading her bedtime book, "When the World is Ready for Bed" and we came to the page where the characters were giving their Mama a hug and kiss good night. As I was reading, "time for kisses, hugs and prayers..." Madison leans over and give me a hug and kiss like in the picture. Melted my heart!
Madison Grace, you are a joy and light of my life!

She is getting so big! It's nice that for the most part you get a full nights rest. :)
ReplyDelete